2017 Entry Details
Main Entry Now Closed
For the main entry to the event we used a lottery draw system, to be as fair as we can to all riders and avoid an ‘internet race’ to get places in the event.
Lottery entry closed on Sunday 22nd January and the lottery draw was done the following day, and we emailed everyone who entered the lottery draw to let them know whether they got a place in the event, and if not then how to join our reserve list.
For a list of riders in the event see 2017 Riders.
Please note that:-
- Entry Fee is Not Refundable or Transferable.
- All riders must wear a helmet and carry a long-sleeved wind/waterproof.
- No following cars or motorbikes. No fancy dress. No litter!
- Standard (road or mountain*) bikes/tandems only. Not allowed: small wheel bikes, Choppers, fat bikes, electric bikes, fold-up bikes, Fix bikes, Tri-bars (dangerous on ultra-steep Lake District roads).
* We recommend using a road bike with low gears or a not-too-heavy mountain with slicks
For full terms please see our EVENT TERMS & CONDITIONS HERE
Please help our event charities by getting sponsorship for your ride. Our main event charity is Macmillan Cancer Support and most rider sponsorship money from the event goes to this well-known national charity. But we also support three smaller more local registered charities – the North West Air Ambulance, the Great North Air Ambulance and the Duddon & Furness Mountain Rescue Team. All three are an important part of the emergency services in Cumbria and the Lake District and they have helped us from the start of our event and we have supported them in their fund-raising over the years.
You can use a paper sponsorship form to raise sponsorship for Macmillan Cancer Support, by downloading and printing this Sponsorship Form. Alternatively you can use an on-line sponsorship system by setting up your own personal fundraising webpage for any of these four charities – the following links make this easy to do:-