Deferring to 2019
As we get close to the event, we know that a few riders will need to defer their entry because of injury etc. The final date to defer your entry is 9am on Monday 30th April. After this date, you will be fully recognised as a participant of the event.
If you defer and someone from the waiting list takes your place, you will be guaranteed a place in the 2019 event (subject to paying the full 2019 entry fee). You can defer by emailing email@example.com.
General 2018 event entry is now closed
Main entry is via a ballot system. This is so we can be as fair as possible to all riders and avoid an “internet race” to get places in the event. Every year the event is oversubscribed, and as ever for the 2018 event we have received a huge amount of entries via the ballot.
The ballot has now closed and the riders for 2018 have been announced.
Unsuccessful rider information:
- If you are unsuccessful in the ballot, you can put your name on a reserve list, which is allocated on a first-come, first-served basis if riders drop-out.
- Click here to put your name on the reserve list. You can view the reserve list online here (this was last updated on 04.04.2018)
- The entry fee will be refunded two weeks after the ballot is announced, and the booking fee of £0.75 will be refunded two months after the ballot is announced.
- We still encourage riders to donate and fundraise to the Macmillan Cancer Care Just Giving page. Since its inception, the riders of The Fred have raised £1,138,000 for Macmillan and our local charity partners.
Successful rider information:
- You can view all information about the event on the routes page, and in the FAQs. More information will be provided by email in the run up to the event.
- Purchase your official event jersey (design launched in February 2018) and merchandise from our online shop – visit shop now.
- If you are unable to ride for any reason, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org
- We encourage riders to donate and fundraise to the Macmillan Cancer Care Just Giving page. Since its inception, the riders of The Fred have raised £1,138,000 for Macmillan and our local charity partners.
Please also note that:
- All riders must wear a helmet and carry a waterproof
- Tri bars are not allowed
- No following cars or motorbikes
- No litter!
- Click here to view full event terms & conditions.
Please contact us at email@example.com.