2019 ADVANCE ENTRY
ADVANCE ENTRY for 2019 Fred Whitton Challenge
These are the details you will need for Advance entry to the event.
The Main Entry for 2019
opens January 7th & closes January 17th.
The draw for places will be on the 18th.
Welcome to Advance Entry for the 2019 Fred Whitton Challenge. Because the event gets oversubscribed we will use a lottery draw in January to select riders for the event.
You can guarantee your place in the event before that lottery stage since we are offering a limited number of advance charity entry places if you will guarantee to raise at least £250 for our registered charities by paying this‘up front’ with your entry fee when you register.
Advance entry is also available:
- if we’ve emailed you offering a deferred entry
- for (people who withdrew from this year’s event and were replaced), volunteer entry (people who helped at this year’s event),
- or complimentary entry (people who raised over £500 for our charities in this year’s event).
Special Charity Advance Entry Places
If you want to guarantee your place in the 2019 event, rather than taking your chances in the lottery in January, then please first read the notes below and then:- Click Here;
- These places are for riders who will guarantee to raise at least £250 for our registered charities by paying it ‘up front’ with entry. A limited number of these Charity entry places are available now.
- The cost of charity entry is the £250 sponsorship paid with entry, which will all go to our charities, plus the event entry fee of £60. (There will also be a small fixed payment transaction charge that the banks take.
- If you raise your sponsorship using the online Just Giving or similar website, which sends your sponsorship directly to these organisations (click the name to go to their donation site):
- Later, if requested, we can return your original £250 sponsorship that you paid with entry, once the amount you have raised online has reached this amount.
Please note this charity entry is only available for these three charities. The Special Charity Entry is not available for Macmillan Cancer Support who are the main charity that the Fred Whitton supports with the event.
Riders from overseas
There are also some places available for genuine riders living abroad please use entry form — Click Here.
There will be an opportunity for group entries in the main entry, riders will be able to enter up to 4 riders as one team, the team will be entered in the draw and if selected all will gain a place or all will be put on the reserve list if requested,
‘There will also be places available for first time riders, details will follow in January’